Bibliotheca Mycologica 85: 367 (1981)
Type: Fomitopsis P. Karst. 1881
The phylogenetic group known as the antrodia clade contains the family Fomitopsidaceae. The following genera and species have been identified for Chicago Region, though some require verification or better documentation.
- Antrodia, A. favescens
- Daedalea, D. quercina
- Fomitopsis, F. betulina (previously Piptoporus)
- Niveoporofomes, N. spraguei (previously Fomitopsis)
- Fomes carneus
effused-reflexed= possibly Rhodofomes cajanderi
- Antrodia and Grifola were moved out of the Meripilaceae because they are not related to Meripilus.
- Related links:
- Ortiz-Santana, Lindner, Miettinen, Justo, and Hibbett. 2013. A phylogenetic overview of the antrodia clade (Basidiomycota, Polyporales). Mycologia 105(6): 1391-1411.
- Taxon links:
- 81772 MycoBank ; Index Fungorum