Bibliotheca Mycologica 85: 373 (1981)
Type: Hyphoderma Wallr. 1833
This family is restricted to Hyphoderma in the narrow sense. The genus Hyphoderma is polyphyletic and species have been moved to other genera such as Peniophorella (in the Hymenochaetales).
- Hyphoderma, H. heterocystidia, H. litschaueri, H. medioburiense, H. mutatum, H. setigerum
- Justo et al. (2017) exclude Hypochnicium (polyphyletic) and Bulbillomyces from the family. Justo et al. (2017) apparently treat Mutatoderma as a synonym of Hyphoderma since they include the type species Mutatoderma mutatum as Hyphoderma mutatum.
- Related links:
- Justo, A., O. Miettinen, D. Floudas, B. Ortiz-Santana, E. Sjökvist, D. Lindner, K. K. Nakasone, T. Niemelä, K.-H. Larsson, L. Ryvarden, D.S. Hibbett. 2017. A revised family-level classification of the Polyporales (Basidiomycota), Fungal Biology 121(9): 798-824. Justo Publications.
- Larsson, K. H. 2007. Molecular phylogeny of Hyphoderma and the reinstatement of Peniophorella. Mycological Research 111:186–195.
- Taxon links:
- 81731 MycoBank ; Index Fungorum