Anales de la Sociedad Científica Argentina 16 (6): 277 (1883)
Type: Bresadolia paradoxa Speg., Anales de la Sociedad Científica Argentina 16(6): 277 (1883)
This genus was for many years a synonym of Polyporus. It was reestablished by Audet (2017) and analyzed by Motato-Vásquez et al. (2018).
Some records of Bresadolia craterella on Mushroom Observer appear to be confused with the similar Cerioporus admirabilis (Polyporus).
- Bresadolia craterella, tropical to subtropical America; as far north as NE Wisconsin (if the same species); Gary Emberger. The illustrated collection, PRL 12886, is from Cook County, Illinois.
- Bresadolia cuticulata, China.
- Bresadolia paradoxa, Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Paraguay (Polyporus aquosus).
- Bresadolia uda (complex), Indonesia, Africa, Asia, Neotropics.
- Bresadolia paradoxa is not closely related to and is not a synonym of Cerioporus squamosus (Index Fungorum and Mycobank 2018 are out of date).
- Related links:
- Audet, S. 2017. Mushrooms nomenclatural novelties no. 10. ISSN2560-9548. Serge Audet.
- Motato-Vásquez, V., E. Grassi, A.M. Gugliotta, G. L. Robledo. 2018. Evolutionary relationships of Bresadolia (Basidiomycota, Polyporales) based on molecular and morphological evidence. Mycological Progress pp. 1-18.
- Taxon links:
- 17195 MycoBank ; Index Fungorum