The two species listed below are widespread, occur in North America, and are related based on DNA phylogenies. The other tropical members of the genus may need molecular work to determine their placement.
- Datronia mollis, not recorded in Chicago Region.
- Datronia stereoides, uncommon in Chicago Region.
Taxon Details and Links
- Datronia Persoonia 4 (3): 337 (1966). Type: Daedalea mollis Sommerf., Supplementum florae lapponicae: 271 (1826). ,
- The genus Datronia was lumped into Cerioporus by Zmitrovich and Kovalenko (2016). A previous phylogeny with better taxon sampling has a better argument to treat it as a separate genus (Li et al. 2014); this paper also split out Datronia scutellata as the type species for Datroniella.
- Li, H.J., B.K. Cui, Y.C. Dai. 2014. Taxonomy and multi-gene phylogeny of Datronia (Polyporales, Basidiomycota). Persoonia 32: 170–182. DOI: 10.3767/003158514X681828
- Zmitrovich, I.V., A.E. Kovalenko. 2016. Lentinoid and polyporoid fungi, two generic conglomerates containing important medicinal mushrooms in molecular perspective. International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms 18(1): 23-38. DOI: 10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.v18.i1.40