Seven or more species have been found in the Chicago Region. Most require further documentation and determination of the species.
- Calocera (about 23 species), C. cornea, C. viscosa
- Cerinomyces (about 14 species), needs confirmation for Chicago
- Cerinosterus (anamorph, one species)
- Dacrymyces (about 59 species), D. stillatus at least
- Dacryonaema (one species in Europe)
- Dacryopinax (about 21 species), D. elegans, D. spathularia
- Dacryoscyphus (anamorph, one species)
- Ditiola (about 20 species)
- Femsjonia (about 6 species)
- Guepiniopsis (about 8 species), to be determined for Chicago
Taxon Details and Links
- Dacrymycetaceae , Untersuchungen aus dem Gesammtgebiete der Mykologie 7: 138 (1888). Type: Dacrymyces Nees 1816.
- Cerinomycetaceae Jülich (1981) is either a separate family or a synonym.
- McLaughlin, D. J. and J. W. Spatafora, Eds. 2014. Systematics and Evolution, Second Edition, The Mycota VII Part A. Springer Verlag. [complete volume PDF at Hibbett Lab Publications.]