Mycoflora of Chicago Region
- Watch the NAMA Video about the Mycoflora Project.
- Visit website for the North American Mycoflora Project.
- Patrick's introduction, PDF of March 2018 program.
- Patrick's information and links for mycoflora projects.
- Patrick's downloads related to methods and checklists.
- Patrick's other resources and recommended books.
- Watch related IMA videos.
iNaturalist: Upload photo observations
Workshops: North Park Village Nature Center
- May 26, Saturday: 1 – 3 PM workshop
- June 2, Saturday: 1 – 3 PM workshop
- June 17, Sunday: 1 – 3 PM workshop
Download Schedule PDF. There are three 2018 workshops with Patrick and the Illinois Mycological Association. The first two have preceding forays in the morning. These events are free to IMA members and their guests. A $5 donation is suggested for non-members. Of course you are welcome to join the club at this event. For further information, see the IMA newsletter or contact Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org
1st Mycoflora Foray and Workshop
Saturday, May 26th. 10 AM foray and 1 - 3 PM workshop.
The workshop will describe the goals and basics of the mycoflora project. We will start with a review of information from previous workshops and online resources. The main part will look in detail at the visible features of mushrooms, such as for the caps, gills, and stems. These features are used to key out and identify wild mushrooms. We will combine these features to learn the "stature types" of gilled mushrooms, such as amanita, pluteus, tricholoma, mycena, etc.
2nd Mycoflora Foray and Workshop
Saturday, June 2nd. 9 AM foray and 1 - 3 PM workshop.
This workshop will demonstrate how to use written keys for mushroom identification. We will use the keys by Michael Kuo: those on his website and the similar keys in his book: Michael Kuo and Andrew Methven, 2014, Mushrooms of the Midwest, University of Illinois Press. If you have the Kuo and Methven book please bring it to the workshop. You are welcome to bring fresh mushrooms you have found for identification.
3rd Mycoflora Workshop
Sunday, June 17th. 1 - 3 PM workshop.
Topic to be decided. We may cover habitats and tree identification.
For any questions email Patrick Leacock at email@example.com.